Friday, February 15, 2008

Reflection on the Stations of the Cross ~ by Ronnie Archer


1. JESUS IS CONDEMNED TO DEATH

Lord, forgive me for the many times I too, have condemned You, by not seizing every opportunity to speak about You to someone who might be lost. Help me to be thankful for what You did for me.

2. JESUS IS MADE TO CARRY HIS CROSS

Lord, we all have trials and troubles that sometimes burden us. There are times when I grumble and complain about small stuff. Give me strength to take up my daily cross and carry it graciously.

3. JESUS FALLS THE FIRST TIME

Lord, you fell under the weight of the cross, heavy with the weight of our sins. Please forgive me and help me each day to try to lighten the weight of the cross by living in a way that is pleasing to you.

4. JESUS MEETS HIS MOTHER

Lord, how hard it must have been for You to see Your mother so sad, knowing her Son was in such pain. Forgive me for adding to that pain.

5. SIMON HELPS JESUS TO CARRY THE CROSS

Lord, help me to help You carry Your cross by being loving, by helping others to carry theirs.

6. VERONICA WIPES THE FACE OF JESUS

Lord, I thank You for helping me to be bold enough to step out of my comfort zone to wipe Your face, by recognizing Your call to do something that I otherwise would NOT do.

7. JESUS FALLS THE SECOND TIME

Lord, the cross is heavier for You... yet You still drag it on. I thank You Lord for the times that I've fallen and You've helped me up. Help me in turn, to help someone else up from a fall.

8. JESUS MEETS THE WOMEN OF JERUSALEM

Lord, even though You were suffering Yourself, You stopped to offer encouragement to others who needed it. Please help me to follow Your example and do the same.

9. JESUS FALLS A THIRD TIME

Lord, it's a wonder You could go any further... that cross got heavier and heavier. You fell a third time, yet You still went on. Help me to do the same when it seems I can't go any further.

10. JESUS IS STRIPPED OF HIS GARMENTS

Jesus, You were disrespected and stripped of Your garments, by people who did NOT know who You were. Help me remember to always respect the human dignity of everyone, no matter WHO I might THINK they are.

11. JESUS IS NAILED TO THE CROSS

Lord, I as well as they... helped to nail You to that cross by my sins. Help me to always recognize how I add to Your pain when I sin. Help me to repent.

12. JESUS DIES ON THE CROSS

Lord, before you died, You forgave those who crucified You. Help me do likewise. Help me to die to my sinful ways, so that I may live with You.

13. JESUS IS TAKEN DOWN FROM THE CROSS

Lord, You have accomplished what God sent You to do. You endured so much for us. Lord, help me show Your love to others by never taking anyone for granted. Help me show love and tenderness.

14. JESUS IS LAID IN A TOMB

Jesus, You were buried and Your tomb sealed. Give me strength to always live in Your Will, so that I too, may someday be in Heaven with You.


- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
St. Elizabeth Catholic Church, Richmond, VA
12th Station of the Cross
Photographed in 1979 by Bill Allen

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home