Tuesday, February 26, 2013

CRHP (Christ Renews His Parish) Women's Retreat ~ by Ronnie Archer



On Saturday, February 23-Sunday, February 24, 2013, several of our parishioners: Mary Baker, Phyllis Booth, Frances Pope, Alyce (Pie) Howard, Barbara Randall and Barbara's sister, Tracey Dunlap of St. Peter's, as well as myself, attended the Women's CRHP Retreat this past weekend at St. Michael's Catholic Church.

It's not a "practice" of the retreat participants to reveal all of the details of the weekend, because it would detract in some ways, the "awe" and "wonderment" for those who have NOT yet attended, BUT might be considering it.

The main thing that I CAN say is that it IS one of the retreat movements of the church that can be such a life-changing and rewarding experience for any of us.

We all were assigned to a table, with a team member as our "table leader".  We shared a bit of ourselves, interests, etc., followed by listening to sharing/witnessing by the team members, who of course, had been on the same retreat before.

Sometimes we feel that we are the only one who has been or is going through a certain struggle, but it was amazing to hear real life "stories" from each of them which inspired and uplifted me... and how they, as young as some of them were, had been through so much in life, and came to realize that JESUS is the only ONE to help them overcome them all, by putting His angels in place in their lives to help them through; their lives have been positively changed so much, that they feel the Holy Spirit calling them to pass that help on to inspire others.

Since I do attend St. Michael's several times a year, I had seen CRHP in their bulletins, BUT since I am not a member there, I never had any idea that I would have the opportunity to attend one.  I also recognized a couple of familiar faces from St. Michael's, and it was nice to match a name with the faces, and to get to know and bond with our now "CRHP SISTERS" from St. Michael's.

Everyone involved who made the retreat a wonderful experience, was so genuinely nice, it seemed to be a JOY for them to be of service.  I am thankful that I was "nudged" by the Holy Spirit to attend, and my commitment to Jesus is to try even harder, day by day to allow HIM to lead me so that HE will be revealed in me to others.


Gratefully and Prayerfully written by Veronica (Ronnie) Gray Archer

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home