Monday, April 08, 2019

Fr. Jim's Jots - 5th Sunday in Lent


Fr. Jim's Jots

Greetings!

Yesterday, All Saints Catholic School had "Breakfast with the Saints." What a wonderful experience to celebrate and to meet the students of All Saints Catholic School.  We have a number of students from our parish who attend All Saints, together with Ken Soistman, who is the President of All Saints Catholic School.  May the school continue to flourish.  Its enrollment is up and its financial future is secure and the spirit couldn't be better.  Well done, All Saints Catholic School!

On Monday, April 8th, I leave for Naples, Florida and will be visiting my mother, who is very ill.  I will be there until April 11th, in the late afternoon.  I've asked Dea. Chris to conduct a Communion Service, Wednesday, April 10th at 6 p.m.  I thank you all for your prayers and kindness to me and my mother during this difficult time.

May each of us journey closer to Christ during this Lenten season of prayer and fasting and almsgiving.  Next Sunday is Palm Sunday; please consider wearing red and coming early as we will have a blessing of palms and a special entrance at the beginning of Mass.

Lenten Blessings,

Fr. Jim



Thought of the day:  "Overnight success takes years!"

~ Image: Pastor Ernie Blog


Labels: ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home