Monday, February 24, 2020

Fr. Jim's Jots - Seventh Sunday in Ordinary Time - 2.23.2020



Fr. Jim's Jots!

Seventh Sunday in Ordinary Time

Throughout Lent, we're challenged to repent from sin and turn to the Lord.  I invite you and encourage everyone to attend Mass more frequently, pray the Stations of the Cross which will be available on Fridays at 5:30 p.m., and to mark your calendars to participate in our Communal Reconciliation Service, her at Saint Elizabeth on Saturday, March 14th at 10:30 a.m.  All are invited to participate and lunch will be available afterwards.

Prayer  - The Act of Contrition

Oh my God! I'm heartily sorry for having offended Thee and I detest all my sins because of Thy just punishments; but most of all, because they offend Thee, my God, who art all good and deserving of all my love.  I firmly resolve, with the help of Thy grace to confess my sins, to do penance and to amend my life.  Amen.

This is, but one example of an act of contrition. Any prayer of contrition is permitted to be prayed and to celebrate the sacrament.

Blessings,

Fr. Jim




~ Image Source: Our Lady of Fatima Church

Labels: , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home