Sunday, May 31, 2020

Fr. Jim's Jots - Pentecost Sunday, 5.30.2020



Fr. Jim's Jots!

Happy Pentecost!!!

As we celebrate Pentecost, we are invited and challenged to remember the seven (7) gifts of the Holy Spirit.

I would like to invite everyone to think about in the next month, one or two of the gifts of the Holy Spirit and pray that that particular gift may be deep in your life.

1.  Wisdom - Lord help us to judge what is important and meaningful in life.

2.  Understanding - Lord help us to know something different from truly understanding it.  Give me the kindness to give others the benefit of the doubt.

3.  Counsel - Lord help me to differentiate between right and wrong.

4.  Fortitude - Lord help me to have courage and endurance during these difficult times.

5.  Knowledge - Lord help me to know God deeper through prayer, meditation and contemplation.  May I embrace His will and not mine.

6.  Piety - Lord help me to have proper reverence for God and others; to walk humbly.

7.  Fear of the Lord - Lord help me to rejoice in my own life and have an awe and wonder of God's goodness


Be careful what you pray for; but please consider the next month to pray for the Holy Spirit and these gifts of the Holy Spirit to help guide our steps.


Be safe,

Blessings,

Fr. Jim




Image  Source:  Prophecy News


Click to enlarge



Labels: , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home