Tuesday, June 09, 2020

Prayer to Overcome Racism ~ Provided by Cecilia Hull

Wake Me Up Lord*

Wake me up Lord, so that the evil of racism

Finds no home within me.

Keep watch over my heart Lord,

and remove from me any barriers to your grace,

that may oppress and offend my brothers and sisters.

Fill my spirit Lord, so that I may give

services of justice and peace.

Clear my mind Lord, and use it for your glory.

And finally, remind us Lord that you said,

"blessed are the peacemakers,

for they shall be called children of God."

Amen.


* This prayer is from For The Love of One Another (1989), a special message from the Bishops' Committee on Black Catholics of the National Conference of Catholic Bishops on the occasion of the Tenth Anniversary of the Pastoral Letter, Brothers and Sisters to Us, the U.S. Catholic Bishops' Pastoral Letter on Racism (1979).

Labels: ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home