Monday, July 12, 2021

Fr. Jim's Jots - Fifteenth Sunday in Ordinary Time, July 11, 2021

Fifteenth Sunday in Ordinary Time

July 11, 2021

 


Fr. Jim's Jots


Summer...Lazy hazy days of summer.  I hope now that the 4th of July is over, folks can rest, relax and enjoy a few weeks of an enjoyable summer, read a good book, go to a beach or have a glass of iced tea.  It will go by quickly and before you know it, school will start, young people go back to college and Religious Education will be in full swing.  Much like the school calendar, our parish calendar reflects starting programs and events once school starts and we look forward to the Fall.

A few weeks ago, I met with Bliley's Funeral Home to make my final arrangements for my funeral.  I also met with the cemetery folks in my home town of Wyandotte, MI and made arrangements for my cremains to be at Our Lady of Mount Carmel, where I have three brothers buried: Patrick Joseph, John Albert and Michael James, all dying shortly after their births in 1952, 1953 and 1954.  With my parents' cremains in Naples, FL, at their parish of St. Peters and all the niche's taken, I am pleased to have my final wishes in order.

I hope we all live a long healthy life but please help your family members and loved ones know your wishes.  It's never too soon to make your plans.  If we can help in any way, please contact Saint Elizabeth, 804-329-4599 or myself.

Enjoy each day; it's God's gift to each of us.

Blessings,

Fr. Jim


**We are disappointed not to be hosting a Jazz Festival this year and sure hope for a great one next year, 2022.  However, we will be having a one-time limited fundraiser, an online popcorn sale.  This fundraiser has been approved by the parish council and I sure hope it is a success.  More details to follow.



~ Image Source



Labels: , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home