Saturday, March 19, 2022

Fr. Jim's Jots - Third Sunday of Lent - March 20, 2022

 Third Sunday of Lent

March 20, 2022


Fr. Jim's Jots


Greetings!  

Wow! Can you believe Lent is half over!  The time flies by and I am sure looking forward to Spring and Easter and I hope you are too.  I hope you will attend our Parish Retreat on Saturday, March 26th!  Even if  you don't attend the retreat, I want to invite you to attend the reconciliation service at 12 noon on Saturday March 26th.  We will have several priests to hear confessions.  The reconciliation service is a simple act, but so important during Lent.

Let's review:

~ Opening prayer

~ Reading from Sacred Scripture

~ Examination of conscience

~ The prayer, An Act of Contrition:


"O my God, I am sorry for having offended You.  I detest all my sins because I dread the loss of heaven and the pains of hell.  But most of all, because they offend You, my God, who are all good and deserving of all my Love.  I firmly resolve, with the help of your grace to sin no more and to avoid the near occasions of sin.  Amen."

Individual confession with a priest and the priest will give a penance and offer the prayer of absolution.  This is just one example of an Act of Contrition you may have learned a different one or perhaps now is the time to learn one or help children learn this prayer.  It is my prayer that you attend the reconciliation service and may all of us prepare to celebrate the Easter Sacraments.  Also just a gentle reminder the Church asks us to celebrate the Sacrament of Confession during the Advent and Lenten season.

+Blessings +

Fr. Jim



~ Image Source



Labels: ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home