Tuesday, December 20, 2022

FATHER JIM'S JOTS - Fourth Sunday of Advent - December 18, 2022

 Fourth Sunday of Advent

December 18, 2022


FATHER JIM'S JOTS


Dear Parishioners and Friends of St. Elizabeth,


May the Lord bless you and yours this Special Advent and Christmas Season.  Our Lord Jesus Christ was born to live among us.  Jesus, our Redeemer, gives us the promise of Life Eternal through His Birth, Death and Resurrection.  We, as Catholic Christians, are called to care for all our brothers and sisters.  We share our common home, the Earth.  We are also called to live in Peace with all peoples and creation.


I am praying for you and your families.  At Christmas time I reflect and give thanks for the memories of my youth, growing up in a happy home with loving parents and my sister and brother.  In our family home in Wyandotte, Michigan, we had two Christmas trees, one formal one in the living room which my mother often decorated with special colors like gold or red and a themed tree in the family room.  My sister, brother and I were allowed to decorate this tree.  We used lights of different colors and ornaments.  My Dad would make fudge and dinners were special in the dining room with place settings, name tags and a centerpiece with the chandelier decked out with red velvet ribbons.


We went to the early Christmas Mass.  Afterwards, when home, we would take turns opening up Christmas gifts and would have a big breakfast.  After dinner we would visit my cousins.  The gift I remember the most each year was new underwear and socks.


Happy Christmas,


+ Fr. Jim Arsenault, Pastor




Labels: , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home