Monday, April 01, 2024

FATHER JIM'S JOTS - Palm Sunday - March 24, 2024

 St. Elizabeth Church

Palm Sunday

March 24, 2024



FATHER JIM'S JOTS


Greetings!!

Jesus' entry into Jerusalem manifested the coming of the kingdom that the King-Messiah was going to accomplish by the Passover of his Death and Resurrection.  It is the celebration of that entry on Palm Sunday that the Church's liturgy solemnly opens Holy Week.  Holy Week, particularly Christ's Passion and Death, is a great reminder of God's Love for humanity.  The period beginning with The Mass of the Lord's Supper on Holy Thursday evening to our Easter celebrations is referred to as the Sacred Triduum.  Please join us for the following schedule as we celebrate this most Holy of Weeks.


Holy Week Schedule


Holy Thursday, March 28th - Mass at 7 p.m. 


Good Friday, March 29th

Stations of the Cross at 12 p.m.

Service at 7 p.m.


Easter Vigil, March 30th

Confessions from 11 a.m. - 12 p.m.

Vigil Mass at 7 p.m.


Easter Sunday, March 31st - Masses at 8:30* and 10 a.m.


* There will be instrumental only music to accompany the 8:30 a.m. Mass.


Prayer for Preparing Ourselves for Holy Week:

Lord, my Shepherd, my Stronghold and my Refuge.  Take me under your wing, O Lord, and let me know that you do not reject me as long as I keep asking you to forgive me.  Perhaps my doubt in your forgiveness is a greater sin than the sins I consider too great to be forgiven.  Perhaps I make myself too important, too great when I think that I cannot be embraced by you anymore.  Lord, look at me, accept my prayer as you accepted Peter's prayer, and let me not run away from you in the night as Judas did.

Bless me Lord, in this Holy Week and give me the grace to know your loving presence more intimately.  Amen.


Blessings,

Fr. Jim, Pastor


Information on Holy Week derived from ewtn.con


~ Image Source


Labels: ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home