Friday, April 06, 2007

Palm Sunday 2007 ~ A Homecoming!!!

Our Palm Sunday procession was doubly joyful that morning! As our palm branches swayed in the breeze, we marched around the church and up the steps and into our newly renovated and painted sanctuary! This was our first celebration there since our ceiling fell last August!

The choir was finally able to sit in our normal places under the new ceiling; happy not to have to worry about the cracks that had snaked above them for so long, so many months ago. The rest of the congregation could rejoice also; offering prayers of thanksgiving for everything our God had done for us. For our benefactors... for our friends... for our own people...

How appropriate was one of the songs we sang that day:

"Take me back.
Take me back, oh Lord.
To the place where I first received you.
Take me back,
Take me back, dear Lord.
Where I first believed."

Labels: ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home