Tuesday, May 30, 2017

Picture and Origin of our Vatican II Altar ~ Information and photo sent by Kay Grappone

1966 Altar

Kay Grappone has sent us this 1966 photograph of the main altar and its history.

"This is a photo of the front altar that my father, Rudy Zich, built for St. Elizabeth after Vatican II.  My father was an antique reproduction furniture builder by trade.  He built the altar and lectern for the church and the altar for the nuns' chapel in the convent where they celebrated daily Mass each weekday morning.  The convent was on Fourqurean Lane next to the school, both behind the church.  My father built these and my mom's family (the Sties family) donated them to the parish in memory of my grandparents, Bernard Joseph and Fannie Barnes Sties."


~ Photo provided by Kay Grappone


Labels: , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home