Saturday, August 15, 2020



Fr. Jim's Jots

"Oh Woman, Great is Your Faith."


In today's Gospel of St. Matthew, we find a woman begging for help from Jesus to heal her daughter.  She challenges Jesus and he hears her plea and her daughter is cured.  We, too, are challenged to ask the Lord to hear our prayers.

I am thankful to the Women in my life and in our parish who are great examples of faith and trust in the Lord.

I think of Phyllis Booth, who continues to learn the latest on how to get online and follow the Mass and Rosary on Zoom.

I think of Rita Hatchett, who dropped off gift bags for members of her Scripture Study Class and who misses seeing everyone live and in person.

I think of Gloria, Carolyn, Arlene, Jennie, Lucy, Barbara and Margaret and all the Community Life ladies who I miss seeing in our kitchen and helping in so many ways.

I think of our Volunteers: Janet, Connie and Karen and so many others who keep things going.

I think of E.J. Cooley, who works extra long hours with no pay to get things done and Cheryl, our Bookkeeper, who has worked more overtime and extra during this pandemic.

I am blessed: "Oh Women, Great is Your Faith."


Blessings and Love,

Fr. Jim





~ Image Source


Click to Enlarge





Labels: ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home