Thursday, May 31, 2007

Fr. Andrew's Departure ~ by Mieko Manuel Timmons

I hope and pray that Fr. Andrew will not leave St. Elizabeth. My family and I have grown to love and admire him a great deal. As a family, we greatly enjoy worshipping at St. Elizabeth, especially because of the love, kindness and humor Father gives to all of the parishioners. When I was ill, Father Andrew took the time to come and sit with me and simply talk and laugh. My husband has been re-juvenated in the Catholic Church since his coming. We have always enjoyed St. Elizabeth, but now that we have a Priest, there is a difference in the commitment to the overall church.

I almost relapsed in my recovery when I learned that Father Andrew would be transferred. If the Bishop will just show us a little bit of mercy and grace and allow Father to stay with us just a little longer, we would forever be grateful. Allow us the time to breathe and show him our appreciation for ALL that he has done for our parish, and all of the families.

I am grateful for all of the love and kindness he has shown me and my family.

I remain faithful,
Mieko, Ronald, Mieya, Timmie, Kiyoko and Kariin Timmons

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home