Friday, August 31, 2007

What is it about St. E's, anyhow?

Ronnie and I were having an email conversation today, about parish members who inspire us and help show us, by their example, how to live truly Christian lives. Just think about it. I bet any of us could pick out persons in our parish who have had an impact on our lives in just this way. Surprisingly, some of the people making the list aren't necessarily the ones who are in leadership roles either. What about that person next to you. Even though they may have trouble in their own lives (and who of us doesn't), because we are a parish family, they would be there for you.

I know for certain, that if I didn't have my sons to help me with something I couldn't handle myself, there are several people in our parish I could ask for help who would be there in a minute to do what needed to be done. That's the kind of trust and care that my parish inspires.

It appears that we tend to look out for each other, doesn't it. I have no doubt that this is probably how our parish has stayed together in spite of all the powers and events that have tried to close us down. Each person also has several others they look to for help and guidance. There are a lot of cross connections among us and thus, we are bound together and the parish remains whole.

It would be foolish not to acknowledge that sometimes some of us are at cross purposes with each other. Maybe there are personality conflicts and jealousies among us too. But in spite of them, what binds us all together are our love for THIS parish, our strong sense of family, and a powerful desire to keep OUR parish alive.

Labels:

1 Comments:

At September 2, 2007 at 12:10 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Mary Ann, This is very nice. I think that we all sometimes take for granted, the little ways that
GOD shows HIS presence in our lives
through people we are in touch with each day, AND each week.

What you said about why our parish has stayed together is very true. There always will be personality differences, but I feel as you do, our love for the parish, AND maybe BECAUSE of the challenges we've weathered together, as a parish, the bond is even stronger.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home