Monday, December 18, 2006

Words of Encouragement

I was given the opportunity to read the letters that have been received so far and I want to tell you that I had tears in my eyes at the words of encouragement that members of other churches who have experienced similar disasters have given you and me. We must persevere... Here are excerpts from some of these letters.

...From the Sunday School Class at Parham Road Baptist Church: "Our prayers are with you as you work to get your church back in good shape. We have just gone through the same ordeal, and it is so hard to see your house of worship in disarray. Our Sunday School Class sends this small check in hopes that it may help in some way. We pray that God will be with you, as He was with us. We would have never made it happen without Him by our side."

...From a member of 3rd Presbyterian Church: "I am a member of 3rd Presbyterian Church in Richmond and our ceiling collapsed several years ago. I certainly empathize with your congregation and would like to help a little..."

...From a member of St. Michael's Episcopal Church: "Enclosed is our small contribution to help with the repairs to your church. We had a similar disaster at our church, St. Michael's Episcopal in Colonial Heights, several years ago. Our congregation, like yours, is a tight family; we too were 'bent, but not broken'. As Romans 8:28 promises, good things came out of this tragedy..."

-----------------------------
I was truly moved by the words of these generous people and I thought you would be too.

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home