Thursday, June 14, 2007

More Messages From Our Contributors and Well-wishers

Ethel Cooley has sent several excerpts from letters written by people from all over the Richmond area who have sent contributions to us for renovating St. E's. I know you will be gratified in reading them.

"...I certainly empathize with your congregation, as our church ceiling also collapsed several years ago..."

"...We've been acquainted with St. Elizabeth for many years..."

"...May this small offering help with your church ceiling repair..." From an old Catholic in the Richmond area.

"...I grew up in the northside and have classmates and friends that went to your church..."

"...Hope this will help the church that I was baptised in 77 years ago. I was married there on April 14, 1956..."

"...Read about the church ceiling in the Times-Dispatch, the pictures caught my eye..."

"...It was good to see the photo of the restored St. Elizabeth Church in the current issue of The Catholic Virginian, particularly that beautiful picture of St. Elizabeth that I viewed for so many years. I attended mass there from 1944 til my family moved from Highland Park in 1972..."

"...May God bless your efforts..."

"...Praying for you all..."

"...I taught at St. Elizabeth years ago. It was a great community..."

"...Hope you will be in your own 'home' soon..."

"...The spirit of your community reminds me of my childhood church. Our church was small and poor, but the sense of community was rich..."

*******************
We give thanks to the many people who have helped us.

Labels:

2 Comments:

At June 22, 2007 at 3:04 PM, Blogger cookie said...

Mary Ann,

Thank you for posting the expressions from our generous contributors, who are from the Richmond area and from as far as New York, Florida, Radford, Front Royal, Hopewell and so many other locales. Obviously word spread and the funds funneled in from all over. I wanted our parishioners to see the lovely and spirit-filled messages to us from a God-filled people. Just reading them again on the blog gives me chills and brings tears to my eyes. Thank you for posting the messages. By the way, please, be sure and post your wedding picture!

Ethel

 
At June 22, 2007 at 7:15 PM, Blogger mary ann said...

Hi Ethel,

My wedding picture is the one in the article about the framed wallpaper cross; though it is not the one people saw in the church hall those many months ago.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home