Wednesday, February 28, 2007

Memorial Donation for Our Church Renovation

Mary Walker gave me a copy of a beautiful letter that accompanied a large donation made to St. E's by the daughter of a former member. Here is an excerpt of the letter:

"In memory of my Mother, who was a member of St. Elizabeth's Church in the 1920's and was married in 1928, I believe at the parish house on Victor St. I have their wedding picture - my Father in his tuxedo and Mother in her pretty wedding dress - standing by the staircase.

My husband & I are charter members of St. Edward's, who hosted the 'Fat Tuesday' pancake supper for the benefit of St. Elizabeth's.

We wish you well in your rebuilding. God bless!"

*******************************

It is absolutely heartwarming to receive these letters from people with these connections to St. E's; and it is important for our parish members to know that people all over Richmond and the surrounding areas have roots in our parish.

When I heard about St. Edward's and their pancake supper for our benefit, I remembered many years ago when our two churches were twinning parishes. For several years we had many opportunities to gather together for picnics and other celebrations that brought our two parishes together in friendship. It appears that good memories of that twinning experiment with us continued at St. Edward's and has culminated in a pancake supper for our benefit. We are indeed grateful to our friends across the James.

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home